What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud means remote location over the internet & computing word refers computer related resource & services.
Cloud computing provides resources like server, virtual machine, storage and many more computer resource services over the internet on demand. Cloud computing match your requirement and configure servers/VM quickly. You can access you stored data on cloud from anywhere & anytime because you have not stored data on your local computer. Not only the data storage but also a virtual machine/ server and many other computer resources you can access from anywhere because you have created resources on cloud. You have to pay whatever you will consume.
The company who provides cloud computing facilities known as Cloud Provides for example: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc. Cloud provides are responsible for maintaining the resources, upgrading the hardware and all type of maintenance.
Best for a start-up company where company can start the function with minimum investment of IT infrastructure, for example instead of buying servers, software's, dedicate team for managing servers. They can directly go for cloud and setup the servers in short time with minimal technical knowledge.
The top cloud provides in the markets are :
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Low cost - You are not buy servers, hardware, and software. You have only pay whatever you use.
- Fast configured - Configured in short time.
- Less Maintenances - No technical expert team required for maintenance this job done by cloud providers.
- No worry for upgradation - Upgradation won't be nightmare because cloud provides are do this job.
- Access from any where - Access your stored data or resources from anywhere and anytime.
- Scaling is easy - Any time you can increase or decrease the resources based on requirement.
- Elastic - Automatically allocate the resources to handle sudden huge traffic and de-allocate the additional resources when traffic is normal.
- Reliable - Cloud provides provide data backup, disaster recovery services so that your data must be secure and safe.
Disadvantage of Cloud Computing
- Privacy concerned for storing data outside of premises.